For an excellent start to a day, you should have a breakfast of champions. And what’s a better idea than breakfast pizza. If you have never had it before, we highly recommend you to try pizza with an egg on top. An egg on pizza makes this well-known Italian dish perfect for breakfast. It’s time you give breakfast pizza a chance.
And luckily for you, we’ve prepared a great breakfast pizza recipe if you want to try it out any time soon.
How To Make Sunny-Side-Up Pizza
Sunny-side-up pizza is a fun and exciting way to prepare pizza, and it’s not the average way you are used to making it. And the egg on pizza makes this dish an excellent option for breakfast. And how do you make it? It’s super simple; you can make a pizza with whatever toppings you like and put an egg on top of it. And once you do it, a pizza with an egg on top is going to be your new favorite one.
There are a few things you need to know before making a breakfast pizza so that you make it perfect. And we will gladly share the tips we know with you.
Pizza With An Egg on Top: Tips and Tricks
- Get a good pizza dough. No matter if your dough is store-bought or you have your recipe, make sure that it’s the best one. A pizza will never be good enough if the dough is terrible.
- Be creative with the toppings. We’ve shared our favorite and simple ingredients in our recipe, but you can always switch them up if you think that something is missing.
- Don’t crack the eggs directly onto the pizza. Crack them in a small dish and gently transfer them to the pizza.
- Always season the eggs with salt; it will make a huge difference.
- Add arugula or your preferred greens on top of your pizza when it’s done. You can use baby spinach, spring onions, coriander, or any leafy green that you like. Make your breakfast pizza full of greens for a super healthy breakfast.
The Best Breakfast Pizza Recipe
To make a super tasty pizza, you need to have good dough. You can use your favorite pizza dough recipe or use a store-bought. Just follow our simple breakfast pizza recipe, and soon you’ll have a sunny-side-up pizza on your table.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-lb package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/ tsp sea salt
- A handful of arugula
- Preheat the oven to 500°F, and grease a 12-inch round pizza pan.
- Lightly flour the working surface and roll the dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer it to a pan.
- Chop the garlic thinly, mix it with olive oil, and then brush the pizza.
- Top it with shredded mozzarella and bacon strips.
- Put the pizza into the oven for 7-8 minutes, then take it out.
- Crack an egg into a small dish and transfer it to the pizza. Repeat with the second egg. Sprinkle both eggs with sea salt.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake it for about 8 minutes until the egg whites are set.
- Once the pizza is done, sprinkle it with Parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy!
You are now ready to make your breakfast way more interesting. Our brunch is well known for tasty and exciting dishes that will make you love brunch time even more. And if you want to experience an excellent brunch deal with dishes similar to this one, we invite you to visit Mi’talia restaurant. Call us today, and book your reservation.